Thursday, January 24, 2008

What was the theme? Humiliation?

I just got back from lunch. I went to Starbucks, got myself a "jill" and read some stuff for my lit class tonight. Kate Chopin, to be exact. The Story of an Hour to be even more exact. It's a short story that I'd recommend. Very interesting. Somewhat vauge. Thought-provoking. Whatever.

The barista asked what I was reading. I told her. She apparently studied English Lit as her major at Boise State however long ago. It was an interesting tiny discussion (during which I also informed her that ordering my crazy tea misto is much easier to do at jill's store than anywhere else).

I'm discovering more and more how non-conventional I really want to be. I never want to be stagnant. I used to read the same authors, watch the same kinds of movies and eat the same types of foods.

Blech. How boring. John Grisham, chick flicks and pizza/burritos can only really get you so far.

Jill is perpetually introducing me to new authors. Todd (and the former Ninja Den) made me watch innumerable documentaries and comedians. And Todd and I just really hate eating the same food all the time.

Denver Restaurant Week is coming up. We're going to a European bistro (Todd's choice) and fancy-schmancy American fare (my choice). Mmmmm....can't wait!

In other news, I'm dying to get out of dodge, specifically to Alaska. That's nearly 18 months away. What the shank? Oh well. Boston, Vegas, and Buena Vista will carry me through for certain.

Also, I think it's high time I get some insteps for my running shoes. Stupid stress fractures and their stupid crap! I did manage to run for quite some time the other morning. I cannot believe that my gym is more busy at 5:45am than at 6:30pm. What is THAT all about? Tomorrow is another morning of fighting for a friggin' treadmill.

Still though, I feel surprisingly awake and alive after running two miles in the morning (don't laugh, all you hardcore runners!)....especially if Todd makes me a delicious egg/turkey/cheese sandwich for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: