Thursday, January 3, 2008

Minimize

min·i·mize [min-uh-mahyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –verb (used with object), -mized, -miz·ing.
1.to reduce to the smallest possible amount or degree.

I think this is my OFFICIAL new year's resolution. I have w-a-y too much STUFF. Too many clothes, too many books (why buy books when the library is there and FREE?), too many DVDs (why even bother to use Netflix if I'm just going to keep buying DVDs?), too many miscellaneous files, too many boxes in the basement, too much crap from college and high school.....I simply have too much STUFF.

I can think about a handful of DVDs that I want/need to keep and they're all collections. Everything else? Meh, I could totally sell them, make a couple bucks and de-clutter the bookshelf.

I'm going to be selling a ton of clothes to Plato's Closet and whatever they won't take, I'll donate to Goodwill or the ARC or whatever.

Books, well, that'll be a bit more of a challenge because I'm really attached to all of them. It's just that I don't need them, ya know?

The boxes in the basement have been a daunting task. We've been working on that issue for a couple weeks...breaking down the ones we want to keep and trying to get rid of the ones we don't.

And all my crap from high school? Oh dear Lord. There is just so MUCH of it. I still have crap at my parents house, for crying out loud! I really need to trash most of it. I have a ton of The Little Mermaid stuff from my days of collecting literally anything and everything that had Ariel on it. Frankly, I can think of (again) a handful of things that I really want to keep...my music box, some Christmas ornaments and the misc. dolls that I have. Beyond that, I just have no need for it anymore. Sigh. And really, what from high school do I really need other than my letter jacket, diploma and the couple of photo albums that I have?

Oh and don't forget about all the wedding stuff that needs to get sorted through and stored.

My life is getting more and more complicated and cluttered and I want to stop it before it gets so out-of-control that I wind up on Oprah talking about how I haven't cleaned my house or done the dishes in six years because "it's just too much at this point".....

1 comment:

  1. Getting rid of the TV for awhile would be a good way to minimize............ hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: