Monday, January 14, 2008

"There is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."

I tried to read during lunch. I can tell that I'm exhausted because my eyes are crossing every time I try to look at a page in the book. It's an incredibly bizarre feeling.

Neither of us have been sleeping very well for the last few days. I blame it almost entirely on the utter lack of feng shui in the house. I swear by that stuff. I swear by a lot of eastern medicine and that sort of thing. I feng shui'd my house a number of years ago and it worked wonders for my sleeping habits and my general well-being. So I'm going to re-visit my books and do the same to our bedroom. Ideally, I'd feng shui the entire house, but I'm not sure that's going to be possible. I feel like the whole place is probably just laid out all wrong.

So for now, we attack the bedroom.

There might be a slight re-arrangement involved...I have the sneaking suspicion that much of our issues is that there are just way too many doors in our bedroom (grand total of 3) and the office only has 2. Plus it's not on a shared wall, which is probably another issue with our current bedroom. We'll see what happens with all of this.

We're allegedly getting a fan installed in the bathroom this weekend. That'll be nice. Right now, we have to keep the door open when we shower lest we get nasty yellow condensation drops on the ceiling and have to mop the thing whenever those drops start to get really out of control. Who decides NOT to put a fan in a bathroom anyway? I dunno.

Our landlord alluded to the fact that, once our lease is up, he's considering selling the damn place. He's tired of having to deal with all the BS and with another gorgeous new duplex going up next door, it's going to drive the selling price of our house way up. It's a good and bad situation for us, if this happens. Good, because we can get out of that house during the summer. Bad, because we've put a LOT of work into that house and I. HATE. MOVING. It's all just total madness. I'd love to be able to move into a lower rent house just so that we can save some money, but whatever. We'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

I start school again next week.

Oh dear God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: