Friday, January 18, 2008

Week #3

This week, I'm especially grateful for FENG SHUI!



After months of not being able to sleep past about 4am, I finally busted out my feng shui books (this one being my favorite) and re-arranged our bedroom accordingly. Now there is a ton of open space in our bedroom and I have an "escape route" (thank you, Karla). In the process, I have begun getting the guest room / office set up and it's looking quite nice, albeit slightly cluttered...this will be remedied this weekend. Last night, I got a full night's rest and woke up this morning feeling very refreshed and ready to face whatever the day had for me (which isn't much, so far).

Additionally, I am grateful for GOALS.



I have been needing a reason to stay at the gym and I've finally found one. I am going to run the Bolder Boulder this year...even if it kills me. It's a 10k race in Boulder on Memorial Day. My mom used to run this every single year until finally her knees gave out on her. My knees are ready to do the same and I've been wanting to do this race for years...carry on the tradition, I suppose. So last night, I did the unthinkable and actually ran for a half-hour at the gym. I gotta say, based on the fact that I've never run before in my life (not including the sprints of fear from my brother growing up), the fact that I ran 2.21 miles in 30 minutes is rather amazing. That's about a 13minute mile and I'm going to try to work up to a 10minute mile. My friend Laura is running the race as well and intends to finish in 55minutes....she'll be light-years ahead of me haha!

So there you go. Week #3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: