Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On a year gone by....

This is usually about the time of year when I start to reminisce over the last twelve months and think about what I've done, where I've gone, things like this.

To be sure, there were a lot of great things that happened this year. Todd got a wonderful new job doing something he's very passionate about and also very good at. The company is perfect for him. Hilariously, we both interviewed for the same job, me about a half hour before he did. We both nailed the interviews, but for reasons that were pretty obvious (at least, to me), he was the better suited candidate for the position. And he got it.

New York City was quite the adventure as well. I thought I'd be prepared for that city, having watched enough SATC, Friends, and numerous other TV shows. Nothing can really prepare a person for their first time in NYC. It's busy and overwhelming and full of more sights than you can possibly see in just one week. But they also have shoes there. Oh, the SHOES!! Jimmy Choo has been kind to me and while they run at least $800 a pair, I have found a new (albeit pricy and unhealthy) addiction. Eeshk! It was an incredible trip...we at amazing food, saw beautiful art (in the form of clothing, thankyouverymuch Alexander McQueen), walked a million and twelve miles, everything a person should do when visiting the City.

I got a new job myself...with a company that's pretty much a perfect fit. It also doesn't hurt that there's pizza here on a fairly regular basis *grin*. I love working here, I love my co-workers and customers, and I'm excited to go to work pretty much every day. It's exhausting most days, but even that I'm fine with. This place is incredible and I'm grateful every day for the chance to be a part of it.

2011 is not without its heartbreak though. If you know what I'm talking about, then you know; if not, it's not to worry about. I'm ready to start moving past it, in whatever capacity that looks like. Even on my most certain and sure days, I'm still a mess of insecurity and uncertainty. It's the nature of the beast. It's not like there's a sure-fire way to deal with it either. No one can tell me exactly what steps to take. It just has to happen the way that it's going to happen. I think the uncertainty is what makes it the hardest. No one plans for it or expects it.

So yes, 2011 has been a mismash of just about every experience and emotion. Here's to learning from all of it and moving into 2012 with some amount of grace and dignity. Maybe that'll be my New Year's resolution.

If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe



Contact Use.The.Clutch
Follow micahdl on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: