Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"It's going to be a good hour of television when Oprah realizes Dr. Phil is full of s*%$."......

I have about had it with WalMart.
The one that I frequent happens to be in/around the Evergreen area. It's closest to my office and sometimes, I get really bored at lunch and wind up there. Today was no different.

I tend to eat around noon, but do so at my desk, because I like to take my "lunch break" later in the afternoon. I think I've always been like that.

I digress.

I am sick to death of the employees there. Mostly because of their lack of sense of urgency. I often like to ponder what they think when they see me (or anyone like me). Someone dressed in business-casual/professional attire, speeding through the store. What do they think I'm doing? It boggles my mind that it probably doesn't occur to them that I'm on my lunch hour. Do I somehow NOT look like I'm coming from some sort of a business setting? I have no idea.

The checkers there ALWAYS manage to take their sweet-ass time. There's one woman who works in the "express" check-out (express in quotes, because it's NEVER an express process) that feels the need to chat with every single person about every single item in their purchase. Seriously. She's like this SNL character. I am so not kidding.

And this is on top of my already-heightened sense of irritation toward WalMart because of a documentary that Todd and I recently watched.

And now I'm jumping off my soap box.

3 comments:

  1. and they wonder why we prefer self-check out at the grocery store, even if the robotic lady tells us "please place the item in the bag" so many times that it makes your ears bleed. anyway, target is the way to go. they'll probably never have self check-out though, because they consider their customers guests. but even at the colorado blvd. store, it's crowded, but i've never experienced slow lines. give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with Target. What sucks is that it's a 15min drive to/from the nearest one from my office. If it was any closer, you can bet your cotton socks I'd be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok seriously i think it's a requirement to have ZERO sense of urgency for Walmart employees. i haven't seen one person there that is actually trying to do anything but KEEP you in the store rather than get you out of there......

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: