Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Ducks eat for free at Subway!"

We are now on our fourth day of dealing with a broken furnace. Awesome.

The fix-it guy was supposed to be at the house today by noon. Here were are at nearly 4pm and we haven't heard anything. Okay, that's a lie. Todd called him at noon to find out his ETA and he said he was "running a little late". Four hours is pushing it a bit, don't ya think? Todd has left him a couple more messages and has also informed our landlord that we haven't heard from him in hours. This is fricking ridiculous. We do not need to be putting up with this crap. Especially given that it's winter time and we kind of need heat (did I mention that it was 54F in the house yesterday morning?!?). I've had it with this idiot. Seriously. And apparently it's somewhat more than illegal for our furnace to be out for longer than 24hours. Well, folks, it's been since Friday. Let me know if I'm wrong, but that's a whole lot more than 24hours.

Todd has now taken 2 days off from work (he can work from home, but that's beside the point). I think it's a bit stupid that he's taken two days away from the office and there have been no results in the furnace issue. This is total madness.

I'm in the same boat as Karla at this point. Just socking away as much money as possible so that I can buy a house and get out of my less-than-favorable living conditions. It sucks.

Really the house would be great except that the people that worked on it prior to our moving in did some pretty shoddy work. It can be described as "lazy", at best. It's quite sad. And I'm inadvertently falling prey to stereotypes (that I won't go into here, because it's probably beyond offensive). It's making me want to move at the end of our lease, but I don't know if that's the wisest thing. I've found an apartment relatively close to where we're living that's probably a comparable size and a little less in rent, but I really hate moving. I just want all this madness to be fixed and overwith in our current house. I've put a lot of work into it already and I don't want to give that all up in 8 months. Sigh.

I really just want to buy a house.

NOW.

p.s. Amy got a puppy for Christmas. Enough said.

1 comment:

  1. i'd say move... and this is coming from the couple who moved twice in two months. we packed, purged, moved, packed again, purged again, moved again. and we put months of back-breaking work into phill's condo and ended up leaving. it's worth it in the end. moving sucks, but it'll be done in a couple days, you'll have a new place to settle and you hopefully won't have to put up with this crap anymore.

    and one last thing, your landlord should have offered you a hotel a long time ago... three words: small claims court.

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: