Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Week #13

This week is hardly half over and I can already tell you what I'm grateful for.
Fricking SPRING BREAK, baby!!!! WOO HOO!

No, we're not going to Cancun or South Beach or anywhere of the sort.
Todd and I are making our way to Buena Vista, CO


and then down to Santa Fe, NM


We leave tomorrow morning, right after we visit our puppies, Sunny and Jackie, one more time before heading out of town. It's about a 2.5 hour drive to Buena Vista from Denver so we're going to take it easy tomorrow morning...sleep in, go to the gym, etc. and then lazily make our way to good ol' Bueny. It's been about 12 years since I've been there with my family, probably more. We used to go there a couple times every summer for some quality camping and singing of KUMBAYA around the campfire. Todd and I will not be camping, but rather staying a lovely little cabin motel called PiƱon Court Motel...which, interestingly enough, used to be a little neighborhood that my parents live in (or near) when they first got married and moved to Colorado from Illinois...so it'll be fun to stay there. Plus, my mom still remembers all the quaint little restaurants and stuff that's there so there is plenty for us to do, including having an ice cream cone from the Dairy King (yes, KING).

Santa Fe has a special place in my heart. My family and I used to go there for a week every single Spring Break for YEARS. The last time I was there was in 1996, I think. So it's been a while. I'm ready to get back. There is so much that I want to show Todd: the ridiculous flea market, Governor's Palace & Square, The Jackalope, some of the fabulous restaurants and museums, and maybe even some Indian marketplaces. We're staying at a pretty fancy hotel right on "the strip" so we'll be able to walk just about everywhere, weather permitting (which it should).

All in all, this should be a good trip...photos and videos forthcoming!

2 comments:

  1. That's right. Photos AND videos! Not only can we be goofballs in still shots but on live motion as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! warmness!!! have fun & take lots of crazy pics!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: