Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Oh, yeah, I'm a gym member. I try to go four times a week, but I've missed the last... twelve hundred times."

Today was a blessed miracle.
I work up WITHOUT a pounding headache. Granted, it's back now, but that's what Extra Strength Tylenol is for, right? Regardless, I was able to wake up at 6:30am without issue...it was a pleasant surprise. It should be noted that I did fall asleep around 830pm while watching a really interesting movie (hmmm...Hillary ISN'T the first to do it...thank you, Maura). I caught the most poignant portions of the movie and highly recommend it to everyone. Seriously. Todd has always said that the most "ideal" (?) candidate for presidency would be a black lesbian Jew. I wonder if Shirley Chisholm was a lesbian Jew? haha! On a more serious note, I would LOVE to hear what she has to say regarding Hillary. Oof. Shirley Chisholm, I have decided, is one of my heroes. I don't have heroes. Never have. The closest a person has ever come to being my "hero" is Miriam, Moses' sister. If you really want to know why, you'll ask.

But damn. Shirley Chisholm? You go, girl! She warrants everyone's respect. WATCH THE MOVIE.

Anyway, after the movie was over, I passed out. Barley remember Todd getting into bed.

I have my literature class tonight and am rather excited. But more than that, I'm excited that today is SUPER TUESDAY! Screw Fat Tuesday...we have the chance to make change happen! Well, you might. I don't. I'm registered independent, but whatever. You should all go caucus tonight. Or at least, watch the media coverage...stay informed. This is a BIG year, peeps. BIG. I'm practically giddy with anticipation!

Do you realize that no matter what, there WILL be either a woman or a black man on the ballot? That's fricking amazing. I don't care who ya are...that's note-worthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: