Monday, November 14, 2011

On trigger points....

It's no secret that I'm a huge ball of stress most of the time. I've lived a significant portion of my life under quite a lot of stress, so the feeling is somewhat normal to me. Which kind of suck, when I really think about it. Who wants to live life in a constant state of stress...and subsequently, fear?

I've started to try eliminating stress where I can. I use yoga and general breathing techniques a lot and, thanks to the gorgeous gym at my office, I can run and do yoga/pilates every day for an hour if I want to. I've done that a lot lately.

Maybe the better idea, however, is to be proactive about my stress, rather than reactive. I find myself getting stressed and rather than try to identify what's making me crazy, I just try to make the symptom go away. It's like how I react to getting a cold. I treat the cold, but not the cause (which, frankly, is usually a lack of sleep). If I got more (and better) sleep, I probably wouldn't get sick in the first place.

So what causes all this stress in my life? I have no idea. A lot of it is probably because I'm very Type A. When my inbox at work has more than about 15 items in it, I start freaking out. This morning, it had nearly 30 and I about came unglued. Fortunately, I can hide the crazy from my co-workers pretty well, but having that much crap to handle really starts to get to me. It's like there's never enough time in one day to get done what needs to get done.

The fact of that matter is, stress is always going to exist in my life, no matter what I do. I try to eliminate it where I can, but it crops up around the next bend. That's just the way my life goes.

If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe



Contact Use.The.Clutch
Follow micahdl on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: