Saturday, January 2, 2010

On headcolds and misery...

At what point during the course of a cold does wine serve as a better medication that Robittuson?

I think I have found that point.

My nose is jammed full of nasty. I can't really hear that well. My head [still] feels like it's in a vice. Lips chapped. Coughing and sneezing are incessant.

Yeah, I full on have a cold.

My husband has patiently been feeding me Dayquil, Nyquil, Gatorade, and chicken soup for two days. Hangover from NYE? Hardly. I'm pretty sure I got hit by a truck the other night. At least, that's how I feel.

So after depleting our supply of Dayquil, I have started in on the Aleve and Robittuson. I can take up to 6 doses in one 24-hour period. Something tells me that's not going to do much good.

And out came the pizza and reisling. I can't really breathe which means I can't really taste much of anything, but damn. That pizza was amazing. All four slices of it. And the wine is going down really smoothly.

I still cannot use my nose for anything other the "schnucking" and breathing out my mouth is both disgusting and painful.

But the wine seems to be working its magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: