Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On hating my body....

It's been a year since I started my weight loss adventures.

Here was my goal: lose 15lbs by April 20, 2009 in order to look amazing in "the Britney outfit."
I started 'round about this time last year.

Here were my tools: WeightWatchers online and Jillian Michaels 30DayShred (as well as some 10K training thrown in for good measure).

I hit my goal the day I left for Vegas which was THE single most exciting day of the year, thus far.

So what do I hate about my body now? After all that work?

Two things:
  1. I get these insane cramps in my toes and the balls of my feet that are painful enough to bring tears. In fact, I just got one. I was wandering around our house in circles. My husband, enjoying a cigar in the balmy 46F evening, looked at my confusedly and came inside to ask what, exactly, I was doing. "My foot hurts," was the only reply I could come up with. Mercifully, the cramp (this time) didn't come in the middle of the night. There's nothing worse than waking up at 2am with one of these horrifying cramps trying to walk the cramp off without waking anyone up. Oh my lord. I don't even want to think about it.

  2. My popping jaw. What the hell is that about? Maybe it's related to stress. Maybe it's because my spine is out of alignment. Whatever the case, I don't care. I just wish it would stop. Oh, the agony when I'm trying to eat a friggin' frosted mini-wheat and can't quite get my jaw unlocked enough to crunch down. Seriously. It hurts. And I hate it.
So there's that. I still have a poochy tummy. I still chew my cuticles (which I am trying to quit). There are plenty of things "wrong," but those are the two things that I hate...and basically cannot control. Dammit.


1 comment:

  1. Hey it's Liesl. Gosh, it's been a long time eh?
    OMGosh! I have the same problems, but I get cramps in my calves too!!!! The two things that seem to help are to up my potassium and calcium intake. Have you tried that? Hoping that'll help!
    And, the jaw thing????? I just don't know, but I've been there. Hang in there.
    And, PS, you are one HOT MAMA!

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: