Friday, June 6, 2008

Someday, I want to live in a world where I don't know you just so that I can meet you for the first time....

What a day ALREADY!
Boy, am I going to be ready for Big Hoss and beer tonight haha! And some art walk with good friends. Time to decompress. The last few days, for whatever reason, have been incredibly stressful and not at all conducive to many of my personal goals right now. Even the miscellany good things come with a downside.
Take yesterday, for example.

It was raining ALL day which was so much fun for me, for many reasons. The biggest being that I have SAD in a pretty serious way so weather can drastically affect my mood in all the wrong ways. Yet the rain yesterday actually made me HAPPY rather than want to crawl back under the covers and sleep through it. It was marvelous! Quite the break-through, really. We have Toronto to thank for this, I think. But the downside was that we didn't get to walk the puppies in the morning....it's pretty crucial that we give them TONS of exercise in the a.m. so that they're not totally bonkers for the rest of the day. Suffice it to say that when we got home yesterday afternoon, Leo & Suki were practically out of their MINDS and it took forever to calm them down. They're just really happy clappy dogs, which is great (I wouldn't want a depressed dog), but they need an energy outlet to be certain!
Last night, we went over to Kelly's house to make pretty things for Jill (which I will not discuss here as she reads my blog and said items are better kept a surprise). We turned on Last Comic Standing (my personal favorite reality show, even more than Dancing with the Stars, if you can believe it) and the boys quickly became more interested in the show than arts & crafts. So Kelly and I continued our merry way with glitter, crayons, construction paper, hot glue, etc. Jill is going to go out of her mind when she sees our artwork! Especially the elephant. That's all I'm saying. Anyway, we finished our crafts and continued watching LCS and then turned on Best Damn Sports Show Period and watched the Top 50 Fan Bloopers...HILARIOUS! We had intended to leave around 9pm so that Todd could give me a much-needed (and well-earned) massage before bedtime. We didn't get home till nearly 10:30pm so no massage. But we did an extraordinary amount of laughing and even got to talk to Jill, which was smashing!

I'm already looking forward to the sleeping in I'm going to be doing this weekend. Hopefully there will be much of it!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I avoided the Arts and Crafts because I am color-blind. It really brings back bad memories of when I used the wrong crayon or something so I just don't try. I know jill wouldn't care if the "wrong" color was used and that you and Kelley and Gabe would (probably) not make fun of me during the process, it's just hard to get past for me.

    Plus, I'm a dude. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we'll have our own arts & crafts day to help you get over your fears of colors ;o)

    I think it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: