Monday, June 30, 2008

"If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum."

It's true, isn't it?!? At least, it should be.
June cannot end quickly enough, frankly. This has been the busiest month since...October 2007. At least during October, there was a good reason to be this busy. This month? Not really a good reason. We just are.

Definitely looking forward to some down time.

Things I'm looking forward to in July:
1. Leo and Suki experiencing the Greeley Independence Stampede Parade for the first time.
2. Going to the Dragonboat Festival for the first time.
3. Getting our lawn back in "appropriate" condition.
4. Seeing my brother, sister and grandma all the same weekend for the first time since October.

Daniel is coming home on July 14 from his long stint as a teacher in Colombia (and his brief gig as an actor on a crappy Spanish-language soap opera) and we're having a couple of graduation parties for him. One at the parents house and one at our house. Good times. I'm unclear as to the duplicity of the grad party, but whatever. I suppose when you graduate with honors from university you get to do pretty much whatever you want for at least a couple months afterwards...hey, it's what I'm going to do!

The last couple weeks have just been sort of a logistical nightmare and I'm looking forward to it ending.

I just put the deposit down on our Alaska cruise for next August. Oh man. That will be so amazing!

In news that will excite many, and probably mostly Jill, I'm coming to grips with my nutso-crazy-bonkers timeline. I'm discovering that I try to do too much at once and don't really give myself the chance to breathe. So I'm forgoing the timeline previously issued by me and allowing myself some time to chill out. Granted, the chill out time won't come for another couple years when I'm done with school, but it will come. And the chill out time isn't reserved specifically for me. Todd is going to need it too. We've got some challenging times ahead of us when school for me gets into full swing. It's already presented it's many challenges and while we're not exactly getting used to it, we're coming to terms with it.

So timelines be damned! We're going to enjoy life and do with it what we please for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: