Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Don't give me a diamond, just give me a big closet.

Todd and I decided on my graduation present. And Sex & the City confirmed how much I want it.

The thought of my grad gift alone is going to make me work harder than ever to get it. It might very well turn into my motivation.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a problem.

It's more an addiction than anything.

My closet is my vein.

It's bad.

But I love shoes.

I nearly fell out of my chair during SATC when I saw Carrie's aqua Manolo Blahnik's. Seriously.


I want them so bad. I have no idea what I'd wear them with, but I'm sure I can find something.

I've never been a label whore. I really don't care who's clothes I wear, just so long as they don't break the bank. Clothes are nothing to me in comparison to the shoes. Oh the SHOES!

I have some of the most abrasive shoes (though nothing quite like some of Carrie's) and as Todd kindly put it the other day when I told him about an interesting conversation that happened at church regarding my now-infamous "go-go boots", "You're the only one brazen enough to wear something like that...and not care what anyone thinks." It's true. Though sometimes, I like to wear my "brazen" shoes to the office just to hear what my co-workes have to say...so to some degree, I do care, but only insomuch as I find the comments entertaining.

Suffice it to say, I know I have a problem, this addiction with shoes. But yes, I'm well-aware that I'm not Carrie Bradshaw (or any of the other girls, for that matter, though if I could combine Carrie's shoes with Charlotte's clothes, I'd be in my own person heaven) and that I don't have an endless supply of money for frivolous $600 shoes (where does she get that money anyway?!). I'm firmly grounded in what can only appear to be reality.

But when Todd said that I can buy my very own pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes for graduation, I felt the slightest little twinge of SATC roll through me...FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: