Monday, August 22, 2011

On becoming who you will be....

It seems that back-to-school season is upon us. I don't have kids, but I know plenty of people that do. "First Day of School" photos are running rampant on my Facebook feed right now. My cousin's first day of Grade 1 is today...she's starting a new school in a new state on the opposite side of the country. And she looks all kinds of adorable in her Arizona-style clothes. I bet North Carolina's winters are going to be a little bit of a shock (invest in some Ugg boots, kiddo...you'll be glad you did!).

So this is a special edition of Use The Clutch, for all the little ones starting school this week.

School largely defines and shapes who you will become. Like an office for us grown-ups, it's where you'll spend almost all your time and energy. Work hard. Play hard. But the most important thing I can offer you is this: Be yourself. Be kind. Be the person about whom your teacher says, "I sat the new kid next to you because I knew you'd be friendly and helpful." But above all else, and most importantly, don't let anyone else decide the kind of person you should be.


If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe




Contact Use.The.Clutch
Follow micahdl on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Love it!
    I told every one of my students "Thank you" today for choosing to sit in my class and allowing me to be their teacher. I reminded them that education empowers THEM so they will get out of it what they put into it. I told them that a positive mental attitude goes farther than most skills so the most important thing they can do is believe in themselves and they'll be able to accomplish anything they set their mind to.

    Good luck to all students this year! You guys will be amazing!
    lovemaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Positive attitude and education are a killer, unstoppable combination!

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: