Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Slowing down is nice

Finally, coming to the office doesn't strike fear into my very core. Yay for MAY BEING OVER!!! We made it, even if we came out the other side a little bit bruised. Ah well. The silver lining, I suppose, is that I learned a lot...especially about anger management. I seem to learn that a bit more every May, which is really funny to me.

Last weekend, we all went camping for the first time this season up in Pike National Forest. Decker's is one of my favorite places to camp...I have a ton of great memories from camping there with my youth group in high school...it is, after all, where I first discovered that a serving size of Twizzlers is 3 pieces...woot woot! And it has since become a staple camping food for me.

Todd and I also just bought a TON of new camping gear which we were able to use for the first time ever! I've never had quality gear before so it was nice to break that out and discover how incredibly easy it was to set up our new tent! I got Todd a Marmot sleeping bag which, hilariously, has a "stash pocket" hidden on the inside (tee hee!)...it's actually even labeled as such, which just makes me laugh. My sleeping bag is pretty grey and periwinkle so I love it...and it's rated to 20F which makes it super duper warm although I froze my little bum off Saturday night because our sleeping pads didn't get to us on time so we were sleeping directly on the ground. Goo!

Yesterday, I bought us a messkit with service for four, just like the one my parents had when I was a kid...I love it! Can't wait to use it for the first time...yay yay yay! Camping is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do because a) it's cheap and b) it's wicked fun and kooky.

I'm in the middle of working out some kinks in my college education. UCD has some crappy dual advising system where I have to talk to one person about my major requirements and another person about my core requirements. I'm speaking with the latter today to be sure that the non-English courses I'm taking the next two semesters will satisfy several remaining requirements. I'm VERY nervous that I'm about to have to push back my graduation another semester, which might kill me. I'm on the verge of giving up, frankly. But the amount of money I've spent keeps me going at this point.

Also, this morning started off perfectly, including Todd making all the fixin's for amazing breakfast burritos...yum! It was like a Saturday morning. The only thing that could have made it better was it actually being a Saturday morning :o)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this morning was awesome for numerous reasons!!

    School will work out -- whatever you decide to do I am backing you up 100%.

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: