Friday, May 9, 2008

Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened.

So sayeth my sages hahaha!

Today is, according to Todd, the 28th anniversary of being expelled from my mother's uterus. Awesome.

I got my present from Todd a couple weeks ago when he took me to dinner and the opera, which was amazing...saw The Flying Dutchman which, if you don't know, is a German opera. Strange to hear opera in German since I'm most used to hearing it in Italian, but that just made it all the more interesting.

Today, he took me out for breakfast at one of my favorite little diner's in the neighborhood called Kyle's Kitchen. It's just a random little family place that's been in the 'hood forEVER and they make the best bowl of cream of wheat I think I've ever had. I get it pretty much every time we go there. That and one scrambled egg. Ah. Good times. I really want to be able to go in there some day and say "Just give me the uszh, Suzanne" and she'll know what I mean hahaha!

Got to work and my team had made a complete and utter spectacle of my cubicle in the style of "Tacky Vegas" (since I [heart] Vegas and we're going there next week). There are blinking lights all over, a huge glittery sign that scream HAPPY BIRTHDAY, gads of chocolate coins, a deck of cards that Chandra played 52-Card Pickup with, and glitter EVERYWHERE. Then there are 5 pink roses and some angelfood cake with strawberries (my favorite). Maryanne was seriously going to get a 7-foot blowup slot machine, but couldn't think of another reason she'd need it so she opted out (probably for the best, but it would have been HILARIOUS!)...

Oddly, as we're eating cake at my cube, Sue mentions that her sister told her that the CMAs are going to be in Vegas next weekend. WHAT?!?!?!? I exclaim, rather aghast. I immediately call Heather. She fell out of her chair...almost. It is important to note here that Heather used to live in Nashville...kind of has a love affair with it. And she loves country music, though not exclusively. Anyway, we checked online and it's true. I swear that if I see Faith Hill, I will probably throw up. Hopefully not on her.

How the hell did we get hotel rooms in Vegas?!?!? It's a miracle. We're destined to be in Vegas for this. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. I've never really seen a celebrity so this will be rather much the awesome....now I have to rethink my entire wardrobe. I mean, what if Paris Hilton is there?!??!?






Kidding.







Sort of.

This is going to be a good year. I can feel it in my bones.

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious and I love you. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

    CMA's & Vegas....... I mean this is already a great start!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: