Monday, August 24, 2009

Late August musings....

I feel like I haven't blogged in a really long time. That's probably not true, but that's what it feels like.

A brief update:
We went to Alaska during the first week of August...it was way hotter there than expected. Who goes to AK and expects to have 80*F+? Not me! We had a really good time and kind of want to go back. That's the problem with traveling...you always want to re-visit the places you've been, but there are so many other places you haven't been to yet! All said, we'll probably head back to Victoria, BC in the near-ish future to drink more local beer and generally hang out in Canada again (since we love it there).

My fall semester is in full swing, although it hardly feels like it. I've been a bit of a slacker this week and really need to quit doing that so that I don't fall behind. I'm glad to be taking upper-division classes again. Last semester was painful and rather boring with all the freshman level classes. Gross. My work load appears that it will be quite a bit less than in the summer, but more attention to detail and research will be required, which I'm fine with. I have exactly 4 assignments in one of my classes. Nice. Just show up to class, participate, and write quality papers and I'm home free. Why is it that my upper-div classes seem easier than the lower? Probably because they're courses I care about and am interested in, rather than just hum-drum crap that I *have* to do, per the university's requirements. I can dig it.

What I really can't believe is that summer is over. Frankly, I don't think it ever showed up. I can count on one hand the days we had temps at 90*F or higher. That's a crummy summer, if you ask me. However, we did a lot of really fun things so if the temps are all the kept me down, it's not that bad. I would have liked to spend more afternoons at the pool, in any case.

As a brief aside, I love to eat.

Thank God for Weight Watchers and Jillian Michaels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: