Tuesday, February 10, 2009

For the love of....

'Tis the time of year that love is (apparently) in the air.



Valentines Day is upon us and I've nearly forgotten because I've had no time to "decorate" the house for the holiday...I have dish towels and candy bowls and stuff that I usually set out, but this year, it went by the way-side.



I'm pretty excited about Valentines Day this year, to be honest. I won't wear black, as is my usual attire. Todd and I have some fun things planned and part of the day includes the pups, which will be way more fun than I think we could possibly imagine. Those two are just weird and fun.



Todd and I have already exchanged gifts...he got me a big bamboo plant that I've been wanting for my office (and decorated the bowl it came in with Disney princess stickers!) and I got him a gift certificate for indoor skydiving since *actual* skydiving is on his resolutions list for 2009. We exchanged the other night after I came home from the movies with Meg and found a giant bamboo plant awaiting me on the kitchen counter...yay!



I gotta say, though, that I am incredibly lucky to have Todd.

And so I leave you with this:



What are your middle names?
Todd David and Micah Dielle

How long have you been together?
Together? Since July 2005. Married? Since October 2007

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About a week, I guess

Who asked who out?
Nothing was ever "official" but Todd initiated everything (which is out of character for him)

How old are each of you?
28

Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
Hmmm....probably Todd's sisters since my sister is in Seattle and my brother is in Japan (for now) and Todd's brothers are way far away too

Do you have any children together?
Nope, not yet. Eventually, but nothing in the works for quite some time (so please don't ask)

What about pets?
Leo and Suki!!!

Did you go to the same school?
HAHAHA! Not a chance

Are you from the same home town?
See above

Who is the smartest?
We're both very smart about different things

Who is the most sensitive?
Me. Without a doubt. Just ask Todd how he felt about pets before we got them

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
anywhere that's not a chain. We haven't been anywhere more than two times in probably 3 years. We try to eat somewhere different every single week for date night...it's one of our favorite things to do together.

Who has the worst temper?
We're both pretty volatile when we're tested. I wouldn't push us.

Who does the cooking?
Todd, probably. He enjoys it more than I do. I do all the baking 'round these parts, but I can make a mean stew. I don't suck in the kitchen, but because Todd likes it more, he gets to cook more often

Who is more social?
Me. Todd can be, but generally prefers alone time

Who is the neat-freak?

Both of us are, but Todd is more active about it. I don't really have the time to be as neat and tidy as I'd like to be

Who is the more stubborn?

TODD TODD TODD. He is very hard-headed when he makes his mind up.

Who hogs the bed?

Ummm....me. The covers are always on my side in the morning.

Who wakes up earlier?
Todd. I don't get it. Sleep is awesome! He'll get up around 5am every single day, including weekends. I believe he would actually go without sleep if he had the option and it wouldn't kill him.

Where was your first date?

The Sandy Station in Sandy, UT. Very classy.

Who has the bigger family?

Todd...two brothers and two sisters, countless neices/nephews and ever more aunts/uncles.

How do you spend the holidays?

We split custody between Denver family and Utah family

How long did it take to get serious?

Whenever our evening date in the park happened...I think it was September 2005

Who does the laundry?

Both of us, but Todd probably does it more than I do.

Who’s better with the computer?

Todd, by default. It's what his degree is in. I hate computers with the fire of a thousand suns...and yet, people at work STILL ask me about them. I'm not sure why.

2 comments:

  1. i'll remind you of how my friend brian answered the kid question (they waited 6 married years): "Sometime before menopause."

    yes, todd is more stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. todd.....stubborn....?? noooooooooo....

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: