Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Silly traditions that actually work.

While I was in the midst of planning the wedding about a year ago now (gasp!), I was fighting with my mom and Todd about doing the garter and bouquet toss. I think they're slightly antiquated traditions and I've almost come to hate them. I know this will come as shock to most of you that know how much I abide by the terms of tradition. But I really do hate these traditions. I have no idea why.

Mostly because it's all myth and fancy, I suppose. It never actually works.

Until now.

Wouldn't you know it, but the girl that caught the bouquet at our wedding is actually the next one of my family's group of friends (and friends' kids) that will be getting married!



Her name is Jenae and I used to be her baby-sitter. It's kind of weird to see her all growed up like this now...




I couldn't have been happier that she was the one that caught the bouquet...and at the time, I didn't even know she'd been dating someone for the last umpteen years! She told me their story and it's very sweet....young love is so perfect, so innocent.



I don't know the story (and I stole this picture from her Facebook), but it's pretty obvious he proposed to her at Disney World (which really is the most magical place on Earth, even if you don't get engaged there)...

She deserves this....

much loves to Jenae!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: