There have been a lot of things on my mind lately, some important, some absolutely pithy. So maybe as a diving board, I'll just put everything out there, in hopes someone(s) will jump in and we can start writing and talking again.
- Can it really be that, for so long, we (the royal we) were more interested in the Manti Teo nonsense than Benghazi? Or the fact that Hillary Clinton kicked some serious ass on the Hill the other week?
- Am I the only one that actually felt a little emboldended by Beyonce's halftime show? That was impressed when I saw nearly 200 people on stage and all of them were women?
- It's just a little sad that every day, when I read the news, there's nothing happy happening. Someone is always getting killed, killing, or just doing something stupid. I wish that news, for one day, would report nothing but good news.
- I'm on a mission to remove all negative words from my thought and speech. It's harder than it sounds, but when I actually get down to it, you wouldn't believe the shift my mental status makes. It's incredible really.
- There are too many books that I want to read and not nearly enough time to read them all. I picked up a "Jesus-y" book the other day which was, I assure you, a surprise to me as well. So far, I don't hate it. I need more books titles to read.
- Being a DINK was awesome. I want to be a DINK again. Sigh. If you don't know what that is or what it means, it's not really that important.
So there you have it. That's a sampling of what's been on my mind the last several weeks. So, dear writer friends, please...regale me with your own thoughts. I miss you!