Saturday, March 17, 2012

On life's abnormalities....

I think we all have moments in life when we think, about ourselves, "Well, that's not normal!" I can think of plenty of things, situations, attributes about my life that have made me think that. Certainly there are some life changes that have taken place that make me feel extremely abnormal. There's the fact that it took me 11 years to get a bachelor's degree...that's not really normal. I could probably come up with an endless list of things that don't seem "normal," but if there's one thing I'd really like to change, it's this:

My perpetually chapped lips. I HATE that I can never seem to get my lips as soft and smooth as everyone else's appear to be. I have a remarkable supply of chapstick at my disposal and still, nothing seems to work. I've tried just about everything. I do masks (yes, I have a lip mask) and scrubs. I keep chapstick and moisturizing lipstick on hand and in every purse or bag I carry. I have it in my car and at my desk. It's ridiculous!

And apparently I'm about the only person I know that actually hates running. I wish I liked it. I see so many of my friends running and how much they love it and think, "I wish I had more normal knees and shins and could do that," but I don't, so whatever.

Sure, there are plenty of things about me that I'd like to change in order to seem more "normal," but without our (seeming) abnormalities, we'd be a pretty boring bunch, don't you think?

If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe



Contact Use.The.Clutch
Follow micahdl on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: