Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On finding the time....


It's not easy for me to lose track of time; let's just put that out there. I've become known in my circle of friends as the person who can plan her life in 15-minute increments. I'm super Type-A and can admittedly be kind of a control freak sometimes.

So when I do lose track of time, it's a big deal for me, personally. One of two things can happen: 1) I can completely lose my head and fall apart or 2) I find that I'm just enjoying something so much that I really don't care. It's hard to think of that last time I actually lost track of time. I'm constantly looking at a clock and wondering what time it is.

That said, I can be fairly certain the last time I didn't care about how fast or slow a clock was moving, I was probably laughing hysterically. Those are my favorite moments in life. I have a couple girl friends that can reduce me to a mess of snorts and giggles and knee slaps in a matter of seconds. Those are the moments in which I really could not care less about what time it is. I crave those times of laughter and want them to last as long as humanly possible. I lose track of time when I'm with my closest, dearest friends. Being with those people remind me that life is more than a series of events that need to be gotten to, accomplished, and moved on from. There is a time and a place for organization and planning. But more importantly, there are times when turning off the phones and disregarding the clocks are crucial.

So if you're like me, take a chance on not knowing (or caring) what time it is. And if you're the opposite of me, remind us Type-A characters that taking time to enjoy life and get lost in it isn't the worst thing in the world...in fact, it might be the best time we have all week...


If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe




Contact Use.The.Clutch
Follow micahdl on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: