Saturday, June 18, 2011

On getting serious with me....

I recently read a post by Ash Ambridge via Erika Nepolitano (RedHeadWriting...really, you should check out both sites, because they're pretty awesome gals) which was something of a wake-up call for me. For a long time, I've been flirting with a lot of career moves...well, I've been flirting with starting a career at all, frankly. I've spent the last 10 years of my life - TEN YEARS - simply having jobs. At 31-years-old, it's high time I get my act together and start doing things that make me happy, things that I'm passionate about. And yes, I'd really like to make some money doing it.

It took (and will continue to take) some slaps in the face from life (and great writers and business people) to show me that there are things that I love to do and that I'm good at doing and that I should get paid to do. Wedding planning has long been something that I've loved. I'm good at it. I know I am. I'm efficient and organized, almost to a fault, which comes is really handy sometimes. But beyond simply weddings, I love planning events. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love to throw a party. It's not really the party itself that I love (though I do thoroughly enjoy doing that); it's the planning and the behind-the-scenes that I really get all up-in-arms about. Same goes for weddings. I revel in knowing the ins-and-outs of one of the most important days in a couples life.

So I'm making an executive decision that at the end of the summer, I'm going to take this whole wedding/event thing a lot more seriously. I want to get a designation; I want to make some money; I want to live every part of my life passionately and fully. I know it's going to be quite the undertaking. I have no idea what any of it means. I know that it'll essentially be a second job for a good long while. I don't know the analytics behind it. But I know that I want to do it. And knowing is half the battle (thanks, GI Joe)...

If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe




Contact Use.The.Clutch
UseTheClutch on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: