Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hippies Unite!

It came up in conversation at work the other day that I am a hippie.

Not a dirty hippie, mind you. I shower every single day (but will admit to skipping a shower on the weekend from time to time) and don't generally wear hemp or whatever, but I am an openly yuppie hippie.

I don't eat high fructose corn syrup or trans-fat.
I prefer alternative medicines and don't drug myself whenever possible (my new-found allergies require some heavy duty drugs for which there is not a natural cure as far as I can tell).
I'd rather walk or ride bikes than drive a car.
I love being outside.

So if that makes me a hippie, then I am a loud and proud urban yuppie hippie.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you live in Colorado. In Utah you'd just be shunned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Colorado is where hippies were invented...

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: