Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I stand by my previous statements...

Regarding vacation.

The week prior to any vacation is, without a doubt, the WORST. Worse even than the week after a vacation.

This week has been pretty gross already and today is (hopefully) going to be the worst of it all. I'm itchy like you wouldn't even believe so I made a doctor's appt for Friday afternoon at 3pm...an hour after my final ends and 2 hours before we're supposed to out for dinner and the airport. I'm the queen of jamming my schedule, aren't I? (The answer is, of course, yes.)

I went to The Home Depot to get a water filter for our shower head and was met with more-than-blank stares by just about everyone I talked to. "Do they even make those?" I was asked at one point. Uh, yeah. I checked on the Home Depot website. The guy who ends up "helping" me is not the large man he was described to me as by the customer service rep, but rather a very old gentleman, towering over me at a slight 5'4" (more or less), and one very very offensive individual, but I digress.

I went to Starbucks for my daily dose of pick-me-up (my boss thinks we should install a Starbucks in the office just for me...I have an addiction) and the woman next to me is tapping her foot incessantly and then a guy sits down on the other side of me and REEKS of day old cigarette smoke. Foul.

Work stuff is standard, but I'm putting pressure on myself to finish everything up before I leave so that no one else has to deal with my crap.

Suffice it to say, I'm ready for a vacation. I look like I've been cast in some crappy, B-rate horror flick, what with all the claw marks and scratches and gashes all over my body. Fortunately, Melo has given me the name of a lotion she swears by that is a) expensive, but b) available at Walgreens in small bottles so I can take them with me wherever I go. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: