Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Once Disney rejects you, you can take just about anything...

This blog is dedicated to Laura, for forwarding me the info that I needed.

As some (or most) of you may know, one of my goals in life is to sing the National Anthem at a major sporting event, preferably the Super Bowl, but I'll take anything.

So when Laura texted me the other day some information on the Broncos Talent Search, I immediately emailed my producer to ask if he could quickly record an updated version of the anthem by last Saturday. Thankfully, he had time to record me on Friday night, weather be damned! We did several takes in several keys and finally found one that was worth a crap and he mixed it beautifully and put it on a CD (along with a song he and my BFF recorded a couple weeks ago in Nashville) for my forwarding pleasure.

Today, I popped a copy of the CD in the mail along with my application in hopes that it reaches Broncos Talent HQ by the deadline of April 23rd (which it should since it's local mail). They'll do call backs in the next couple days or so and then a final live audition on May 2nd at DU and they'll call the finalists by May 11th.

This is kind of a big deal to me and I really hope that I get at least a call back, but I'm also VERY aware that there are tons of people out there than can massively out-perform me on the Anthem. So my expectations are low. I still need to re-send to the Rockies and the Rapids. I'd love to audition for the Avs, but they have a permanent professional.

Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed! I really, really hope you get this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome birthday present that would be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you sing...that's awesome! I hope you at least get a chance. Ever since my first performance in 6th grade, I was hooked, I love it! One of my life's goals is to sing at the Met...we'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: