Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How do I love thee? Let me count the (very specific) ways...

Chocolate and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship. It plays out in various forms, but only one thing truly remains constant. I do not like plain chocolate. Not even a little bit.

I have a bag of misc. chocolate in my desk that I sometimes put in my candy basket to share with co-workers. Right now, I'm not sharing. It's a mix of peanut butter cups, Krackle, Mr. Goodbar, Hershey's Kisses and tiny Hershey's chocolate bars. All of them are tiny version, but whatever. I have polished off every single tiny Mr. Goodbar, am nearly done with the Krackle's and am making my way through the Reese's. Once those are all gone, I'll dump the kisses and boring nasty chocolate into the candy basket.

I really have no idea why it is that I hate plain ol' chocolate. I just don't like it. Not sure if I ever did in the past, but in the last 5 or 6 years, I've noticed my constant disdain for it.

I put coffee in my hot chocolate. Sometimes I even put a spoonful of banana pudding mix in it.
I'd only eat a regular boring Hershey's bar if it was accompanied by graham crackers and marshmallows and even some coconut and/or almonds.
I don't really care for chocolate syrup.
If I have chocolate ice cream, it's usually got bits of something else in it (typically cookie dough).
M&Ms have to be either peanut or penaut butter.
Chocolate cake must have some sort of filling (typically raspberry) for me to be even remotely interested.

And so, while I do love chocolate, it's really a rather conditional love.
Sorry, chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny. I love chocolate in very specific ways, too, as you well know. I'm more of the opposite of you, except when it comes to cake and ice cream. I don't generally like either, but I will eat them once in awhile, usually out of respect. Plain chocolate is one of my favorite candies, though, for sure. Peanut M&M's and Goodbars are actually kind of bland to me... I like my peanuts honey-roasted or "buttered."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever notice that plain chocolate gives really bad breath. I know, random, but it does.

    What about plain dark and semi sweet chocolate? That's guuud stuff. I've made myself sick eating entire bags of semi sweet chocolate chips. Just can't get enough. Milk chocolate tho... not so much.

    Hmmmm... all this talk about chocolate makes me want a bag of chocolate chips.

    You should try Milky Way Midnight bite size candy bars... girl, it's true love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. honey roasted peanuts are amazing. i love them. too much. i hate that they're so bloody unhealthy. more junk food should be considered healthy...like cheetos and general chips 'n' salsa.

    Milky Way Midnights are the best invention since...Milky Way. i love those suckers. i buy them mostly around halloween and basically gorge myself on them. demon chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back home from Target. Milky Way Midnight Minis are on sale for $2 a bag. I got 3 bags... good gawd! They're my favorite. I can't get enough! I'll go to bed sick tonight... for a very good reason. Mmmmm mmm mmm delish!

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: