Friday, October 21, 2011

On getting my next fix....

I'm one of those people that tends to have a really addictive personality. It's gotten me in trouble more times than I can count and it's led to me doing things that I'm not necessarily proud of. Fortunately, I was finally able to curb the crazy several years ago and have focused my addictive personality on one very specific thing.



Adrenaline.



My name is Micah and I am an adrenaline junkie.

I'm not even afraid to admit it. It's gotten to the point where I can't really fathom going to Elitch's anymore because I've done the thrill rides so many times I'm actually bored with them. I mean, I'll still ride them, but the thrill is lost on me anymore.

There's one coaster there that I'll ride over and over again, but it's really more for sentimentality than anything else. It was the first roller coaster I ever got on. The Sidewinder. It's nothing spectacular...just one loop forward and the same thing backwards. But that's just how it goes with addiction...you start with something small and easy, get a taste for what it's like, and if you like it, you go back for more and more and more. I'm always on the lookout for my next big fix.

I've done all the local roller coasters more times than I can count. I've done every Disney coaster and thrill ride they currently have. Universal Studios Orlando and Hollywood? Done 'em. In fact, I spent a vacation with a girl friend several years ago riding every functioning roller coaster in the state of Florida. We done good that year. We even managed to ride several of them at least three times. It was out of control. We were on an adrenaline high for something like four solid days. Coming down from that was, well, the crash was rough, to say the least.

It's been quite some time since I rode my last roller coaster. I'm jonesin' bad. I've spent a lot of time recently looking at coasters around the country that I need to ride. But there's one adrenaline fix that I've been itching to get for YEARS. I think I've been trying to get this fix for something like 15 years. Maybe more.

I really want to ride in a fighter jet. Like, baaaad. I see all these movies and shows where pilots are doing barrel rolls and flying upside down, hard left and right banks, and c'mon...when they scream straight up into the sky at about a billion mph? How does that not sound like the greatest thrill ever?!

Well, it turns out you either have to actually be a military pilot or you have to be in the military and win a bunch of big eff-off awards in order to get in one of those jets. And even then, those cats make bets with each other regarding puking and passing out. Plus, you apparently have to go through pretty intense training just to take a back-seat ride. Le sigh.

Is 31-years-old too late to join the military, kick some ass, and take some names, all for an adrenaline fix?

I'm seriously considering it.


If you enjoyed this post, Follow this Blog or subscribe (below) to receive updates.
Subscribe



Contact Use.The.Clutch
Follow micahdl on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insert your words here: