Friday, March 6, 2009

Jillian is out of her mind.

Jillian Michaels is completely insane. And yet I contintue to inflict pain upon myself via her 30 Day Shred workout thing. I took about two weeks off from the madness to go to the actual gym and try my hand (feet?) at running.

Ummm....my dog is snoring incredibly loudly right now. Hilarious.

Surprisingly, between the working out (and getting my ass handed to me by Jillian) and my recent membership to Weight Watchers (don't mock), I feel a lot better about myself than I have in the last year or so. And I'm happily 5.4 pounds lighter today than I was about a month ago.

I've done nearly everything in my power to make this excess weight go away. I've tried calorie counting. I've tried South Beach. I've tried The Biggest Loser diet. I've tried ... every damn thing I can think of. I never ever ever wanted to try the Weight Watchers thing. I guess I sort of thought there was some weird stigma attached to it. I'm not sure why. But I figured, it's the only thing I HAVEN'T tried and I watched my mom and sister lose insane amounts of weight a few years ago. So I gave it a whirl.

And yes. It does work.

And I get to wake up happy every morning, actually excited about stepping on the scale and "weighing in". It's good to feel that way.

1 comment:

  1. embrace the ww. it worked when i did it. i just can't afford it anymore. and it made me feel really good about myself.

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: