Monday, August 18, 2008

Well we're movin on up...to a deluxe apartment in the sky!

That's right, folks.

Todd and I have HAD IT with our current house so we're moving. Woo hoo! We looked at moving into another house with a yard, but after all the drama with our yard right now, we're just not interested in it. And we're also not interested in dealing with a private landlord again. We'd much rather deal with a company whose business is that of managing property. If something breaks, I want it fixed stat. I don't ever want to have to wait 5-6 days to have my heat fixed in the winter. Absolutely not. I don't want to be bitched at when the lawn looks like crap even though we've called time and time again re: the lawnmower being broken. Todd doesn't want to shovel that much snow again. Ever. If you've seen our house and its lot, you'll understand why. He was responsible for shoveling nearly an entire block worth of sidewalk. Totally nuts.

So upon approval of our application, we'll be moving into Jefferson at Arvada Ridge.
This place is absolutely smashing and has all the amenities we want and even some we weren't expecting (like a 24hour pool in the summer and a 24hour hot tub year-round...and they'll be putting in a fire pit soon-ish). Yeah, the rent is higher, but like I told my mom, I'd too old and too professional to be having to deal with BS. I want what I want and I'm willing (and able) to pay for it.

We're even probably going to hire movers since we'll be living on the top floor (woo hoo!) and I have no desire to haul furniture up that many flights and I really don't want to have to ask our friends to do that for us. No no. This time, we get movers.

I think this is quite possibly the ONLY time I've ever been excited about moving. Okay, yes, I was excited to move into our current place, but that's because I was moving in with the Todd-meister and that in itself was exciting! But never in my life have I not dreaded having to pack and move. Blechth. I hate it. Fire-of-a-thousand-suns hate it. Most of you know that.

This is going to be awesome.
Awesome to have a kitchen island.
Even more awesome to have a dishwasher.
Awesome to not have to pay $200+ for heat in the winter.
Awesome to not have to shovel snow or mow the lawn.
Awesome to have a view of the mountains and THE perfect spot for fireworks.
Awesome to have a pool and gym thrown in for free.
Awesome to have a "big kid" bathroom that won't drive Todd nutso-bonkers.
Awesome to have TWO walk-in closets.
Awesome to have a linen closet and a real pantry.
Awesome to have same-floor laundry.
Awesome to have a fireplace.
Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations! You are going to love the new place so much better! And moving to the top floor is a really good call... trust me. Bah!

    We can recommend an excellent mover, who was recommended to us by Erin. http://www.yourpersonalmover.net/ They have great prices! Better than any other company we researched and most importantly, they're fast and careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those apartments look beautiful, I bet that you're going to love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Insert your words here: